St. Aubin Real Estate is a full service independent real estate company serving families in Southeastern Michigan. Our president and owner, Edwin St. Aubin, is among the premier agents in the country. Our company has survived – and thrived – through nearly 40 years of shifting markets. As an independent brokerage, we make our own decisions; no out-of-state corporate office runs our business! Through hard work, we have become the most trusted agent to thousands of families in Metro Detroit, and each family has helped to shape our company, and our values.
We provide customized, professional guidance, to help you through one of the most important decisions of your life. Currently, we have 4 independent, licensed realtors, and a skilled support staff, at your service. Our goal was never to become the biggest; we only want to be the best.
Real Estate Allstar Top 5%
Quality Service Award
Century 21 Worldwide
Century 21 Masters Hall Of Fame
20 Million Dollar Club
Double Centurion Award
Grand Centurion Award
Business Degree Walsh College
Michigan Associate Broker License
Michigan Broker License
National Association of Realtors
Michigan Consolidated Board of Realtors
Board of Directors Member
Edwin St. Aubin is justifiably proud of three centuries of family roots in Detroit. The St. Aubin family was among the original founding families of the city. To this day, there is a street running through downtown that bears the family name.
John Casse dit. St. Aubin was born in France, in 1659, and became a sailor. As a young man, he migrated to Canada. When Antoine De La Mothe de Cadillac was looking for men to establish Fort Pontchartrain at Detroit, John signed on. Cadillac and his party landed at Detroit on July 24, 1701, and laid the foundation of our present city. John Casse dit St. Aubin died at the age of 100, and was buried in Detroit on February 27, 1759.
1701: Cadillac’s Village, Detroit, MI. First called Fort Pontchartrain.
St. Aubin’s home inside the Fort (red dot).
Early eighteenth-century Ottawa warrior. The Ottawa were an important part of the Detroit community from 1702 to 1763.
Mackinac state historic parks
Above are maps of the original St. Aubin Farm and it’s outline over an existing Detroit street map.
The farm consisted of several contiguous parcels owned by the St. Aubin family extending from the river back to Alexandrine and bordered by Chene & Riopelle approximately 940 acres.
Plan of the Detroit river and the fort of Detroit detail in 1749.
Collection: Chicago historical society
Edwin’s Grandfather (bow tie) at Detroit job site March 17th 1919.
This is Edwin’s Grandfather (white pants) in his early 20’s in front of his office building circa 1917. His was one of the first plumbing and heating companies in Detroit.
River view of Detroit in 1794.
Burton historical collection, Detroit public library.
The sign shown below was discovered by a Detroit Edison worker several years ago in a loft above a garage on St. Aubin street. It turns out that at the begining of the early 1900’s my grandfather Edwin was selling what remained of the St. Aubin farm and homestead.